25k to 30k international secondary Band Director in Beijing
♢ Secondary Band Director/Asst. Director (Anticipated vacancies August 2019)
♢ Beijing, International school
♢ Essential Functions
● Recruit and retain students in the band program.
● Teach appropriate instrument pedagogy and ensemble skills for student success.
● Prepare individual students for success at individual auditions and competitions.
● Collaborate with building Fine Arts staff and vertical staff.
● Maintain emotional control under stress.
● Demonstrate professional, ethical, and responsible behavior.
● Maintain confidentiality.
● Work frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
● Collaborate in preparation of Non-Varsity and Varsity Ensembles for successful
● performances and competitions.
● Teach and supervise marching band at High School level.
● Head Directors will be expected to mentor and train assistant director(s) when appropriate.
● Head Directors will be expected to manage the budget, fund raising, private lesson program, library, inventory, and instrumentation of program (where applicable).
● Head Directors provide supervisory leadership of all components of the band program including marching band, concer
♢ Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized, accredited college or university.
♢ Valid teaching certificate appropriate for secondary music.
♢ Knowledge of current concert band techniques. High School Directors should also have knowledge of current marching techniques.
♢ Demonstrates skills in leading, motivating, and cooperating with students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
♢ Strong communication skills.
♢ Knowledge of T.M.E.A. and U.I.L. rules and procedures.
♢ For Head Director applicants, demonstrate ability to grow and maintain a large, successful band program in a public school setting.
♢ For Head Director applicants, minimum of three years of experience as a secondary public school director.
♢ Probationary/Term Contract: 187 days
♢ Salary: Pay Grade T60 (Teacher Classification) as approved by the Board of Trustees
Additional stipend as approved
♢ around 25-30k per month plus other benefits
♢ Z-visa sponsored if required
Our school will assist in obtaining:
♢ Legal Z-visa
WORK VIZA REQUIREMENTS:
BELOW DOCUMENTS TO BE CERTIFIED AT THE LOCAL CHINA EMBASSY
♢ Medical Certificate of the applicant
♢ Applicant Passport or International Travel document
♢ Certification of 2years or more of working experience or teaching cert
♢ Highest degree nortarized in your city office, then stamped in Chinese embassy in the country where you get your degree.
♢ Certificate of Absence of Criminal Record issued by the official of the State of Nationality or Permanent residence of the applicant
♢ One inch ID white background photo.